Dr Nicholas Cheng
MBBS, BMedSc, MMed(OphthSc), FRANZCO
Dr Nicholas Cheng is a highly qualified and experienced Retinal Specialist, Cataract Surgeon and General Ophthalmologist.
Dr Nicholas Cheng is a fellowship-trained retinal specialist with expertise in age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy and retinal vascular disease. He is highly experienced in laser procedures and intravitreal injections and adept in cataract surgery having performed many complex cases during his sub-specialty fellowship.
After undertaking a sub-specialty Medical Retina fellowship at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Dr Cheng travelled to the United Kingdom to further his experience in General Ophthalmology at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital. Dr Cheng has published widely in peer-reviewed journals and was an honorary fellow at the Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA), helping with research into the latest treatments for retinal diseases. He was awarded the Filipic Greer Medal for Advanced Ophthalmic Pathology during his specialty training.
Known for his friendly and approachable nature with both patients and colleagues, Dr Nicholas Cheng takes the time to answer all questions and works with patients to ensure they understand their condition and available treatment options. Dr Cheng has public hospital appointments as a consultant ophthalmologist at The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Monash Health and Northern Health and is actively involved in teaching the next generation of ophthalmologists.
- Fellow of the Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (FRANZCO)
- Medical Retina & Uveitis Fellowship: Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
- General Ophthalmology Fellowship: Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Masters of Medicine – Ophthalmic Science (MMed OphthSc): University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Medical Science (BMedSc): University of Melbourne